[Ohio-talk] member Steve Sipes passed on

richard payne rchpay7 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 7 19:06:48 UTC 2009

Steve Sipe, 43 years old of Dayton Ohio, passed away on Thursday,  August 6,
2009.

Steve is the son of the late Corbett (Bud) and Dorothy Sipe of Tampa,
Florida.  He is survived by his long-time girlfriend, Dawn Neddo; a
daughter, Chelsey Powell; his sisters Linda (Dean) Miller, of Houston,
Texas; Connie Osborne of New Port Richey, Florida; and Judy (Ted) Baker of
Xenia, Ohio; and one brother, Kenny Sipe of St Petersburg, Florida.  Steve
also has many nieces and nephews and aunts and uncles who will miss him
greatly.

Steve graduated from Park Hills High School in Fairborn, Ohio in 1983 and
despite being chronically ill (Type I Diabetes, kidney dialysis, two kidney
transplants, one pancreas transplant, was visually impaired and had a hip
replacement) he was very active.  He lived in Japan for two years and
studied martial arts, becoming a first degree black belt in Judo.  He also
studied Culinary Arts in Cleveland, Ohio and owned and operated his own
café.  He was involved in the National Federation of the Blind and attended
several national conventions throughout the United States.  He prepared the
organization’s annual Spaghetti Dinner, which was its largest fundraiser
each year.  Steve also was an amateur DJ and enjoyed all types of music.  He
attended Fairborn Baptist Church and A House of Prayer.  He was a Christian
and often talked about seeing his parents again in Heaven.

Steve chose to donate his body to the Wright State School of Medicine for
research purposes.  A private memorial service was held with Pastor Mark
Brooks, of A House of Prayer, officiating.

Donations may be made to the National Federation of the Blind, 1800 Johnson
Street, Baltimore, Maryland  21230 or the Xenia Adult Recreation and
Services Center, 130 E. Church Street, Xenia OH  45385.

The Lord is my strength and my fortress, my refuge in time of distress.

Try it now.
<http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/LearnMore/personalize.aspx?ocid=PID23391
::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HYGN_express:082009>