[Ohio-talk] Sports and Recreation Events

Christella Garcia christellablue at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 02:48:09 UTC 2009

Hi,  convention is fast approaching and the
Sports and Recreation division is excited to
bring three exciting events to all of
you.  However, we need to get some logistics out
of the way so we can enjoy the fun.  Therefore, I
am attaching the liability waver which will need
to be signed by anyone who wants to participate
in any of our exciting events.  Please note, you
must sign a waver for each event.  For example,
if a person wants to participate in the swimming
and judo events then they will need to sign a
separate waver for each event.  If you have
difficulty accessing the form or if you have any
other questions please email me off list at:
<mailto:christellablue at gmail.com>christellablue at gmail.com
or call me on my cell (916) 208-3213.  and I will
do my best to assist you.  Below you will find
the time and place for each event.  The wavers
will also be available at each event.  Parents
please sign a waver for any child under age
eighteen. Thanks, and let the games begin.
Christella Garcia Sports and recreation division vice president.

Friday, July 3, 2009

1:00 - 4:00 pm—SWIM CLINIC: SPORTS & REC DIVISION

Pool, Courtyard Marriott

Annie Sawicki, part of the AdapTap team (that
designed an award-winning device for blind
swimmers), is conducting a swimming workshop.
Take a break with a cool dip in the pool.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

12:30 - 5:00 pm—SPORTS AND RECREATION DIVISION

Skyline A Room, Courtyard Marriott

    12:30 pm – Registration; 1:00 pm – Meeting begins

Wear your sweats and come ready for hands-on
presentations in yoga and much more!  Lisamaria Martinez, President

Sunday, July 5, 2009

5:00 - 8:00 pm—JUDO WORKSHOP; SPORTS & REC DIVISION

Skyline B Room, Courtyard Marriott

Join USA Judo Paralympic bronze medal winner Greg
DeWall to learn about judo from people involved
in the sport.  See you on the mat!

Monday, July 6, 2009

6:00 - 9:00 pm—INDOOR ROWING; SPORTS & REC DIVISION

Skyline A and B Rooms, Courtyard Marriott

Row your way into fitness and maintain a healthy
lifestyle using an accessible rowing machine.  Prizes plus plenty of fun!