[Ohio-talk] keep my family in prayer.

Lisa Hall lhall007 at cinci.rr.com
Wed Jun 24 04:08:37 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let some of you know that my mom passed away on Tuesday, June
23, 2009 between 2 A.M. and 3 A.M. in my sister's home in Kerens, Texas. I
will be leaving on Wednesday evening June 24, 2009 heading to Dallas to meet
my sister. From there I will be at either her house or we will head to
Shreveport, Louisiana for visitation and burial services. The visitation is
scheduled for June 26, 2009 from 5 to 8 P.M. at Rose Neath Funeral Home and
the funeral service is on Saturday June 27, 2009 at 1 P.M. She will be
buried at Centuries Memorial Cemetery where my dad was buried back in April
1976. I will be back in Cincinnati, Ohio late Monday evening June 29 and
work for 2 days and be on the bus on July 2 heading to Detroit, Michigan
with everyone who is going to the convention. I know this will give a boost
for sure.

I lost my dad when I was 13 and now my mom at 46.
Keep my family in prayer. I have 1 brother and 1 sister in our family.
My mom was 77 years old who suffered from Alzheimer's disease and probably
cancer. The type of cancer she had is unknown at this time. I am thankful
that she is in peace with no more pain to deal with. I have already called
Dr. Maurer and Joanne Wilson in reference to this death. My mom was a
faithful reader of the Braille Monitor. She collected many recipes published
there. She loved Elvis Presley and Willie Nelson. She also liked Cajun music
which was the type of music I grew up with while attending Louisiana School
for the Visually Impaired. That was many years ago. My mom made sure that I
had a good education at the school for the blind. I am thankful that I
learned Braille and also developed independent living skills over several
years. I also thank Joanne Wilson for being my mentor while I was attending
Louisiana Center for the Blind during 1994-1995.

Take care and have a great day.

Sincerely,

Lisa Hall, Braille Proofreader
Former BANA Representative for Clovernook Center for the Blind and Visually
Impaired
Cincinnati, Ohio

President since 1996 of
National Association of Blind Office Professionals (NABOP), a Division of
National Federation of the Blind

Web page:
http://www.lisa-halls-world.org

Work phone: (513) 522-3860, extension 2271
Cell phone: (513) 550-5155
Home phone: (513) 931-7070

E-mail: lhall007 at cinci.rr.com
MSN I.D.: lhall10 at satx.rr.com (no email at this address)