[Ohio-talk] Convention Coming

Dr. Smith jwsmithnfb at verizon.net
Mon Mar 2 23:31:08 UTC 2009

Soon I will be sending out information about how you can apply for financial support for the Convention this summer in Detroit.

Probably with my next update sometime next week.

I do want you however to be aware of three things right now.

1 Preregistration opened yesterday March 1st so you can save 5 dollars on your banquet tickets and 5 dollars on your registration so go to nfb.org and get it done ok?

Of course if you are going to need help in this area we will get it done at the appropriate time.

2 Security will be very tight for this Convention because of the hotels location and building structure.

It will be very difficult to bring large items in to the lobby  even from the bus.

Their are no refrigerators in any of the rooms so it will be very difficult to get large coolers in to this hotel.

The good thing is that it has a great Food Court wich you will hear more about as we get closer I'm sure.

3 Finally, I have our share of the Jernigan raffle tickets and so individuals and chapters can claim them even before the April 25th Board meeting just  tell me you want them and send me the  money for them.

Remember they are 10 dollars each and the prize is a trip to next years Convention and one thousand dollars in cash and the winner need not be present.

Stay tuned, more to come  soon.

JW