[Ohio-talk] Information about coins

Barbara Pierce bbpierce at pobox.com
Fri Mar 13 17:05:05 UTC 2009

I just got this from Pat Maurer.

The proof coin is double stamped, if not more, and is made from a different
blank than the uncirculated version. This means that the proof's image will
be sharper, and the coin itself will be shinier.

If you are purchasing a coin as a collectible item, you will want to
purchase the proof. If you are purchasing the coin and intend to remove it
from its packaging to feel the Braille, you  will want to purchase the
uncirculated coin. If you are interested in doing both of these things, you
will want to purchase both, since collectible coins lose their value once
they have been touched.

I don't know what I am going to do. I certainly want to touch the coin, but
something in me wants to have the real collectable.
Barbara