[Ohio-talk] Virginia Mann and megabus.com

Deborah Kendrick dkkendrick at earthlink.net
Sun May 10 17:45:44 UTC 2009

Barb,
I used Megabus only once and had a wonderful experience with it!  I took it
from Cincinnati to Columbus and back.  I have talked to people who have used
it frequently and love it.  THe only difficulty with it that I found was
that it leaves at very inconvenient times for some trips -- in my case, 4:30
a.m. and 10:30 p.m.  The stops I used were perfectly safe, so I'm not sure
what the unsafe reference was about.  In Cincinnati, it stops in the heart
of downtown and in Columbus it stops on the Ohio State campus as well as
downtown.
The buses are beautiful -- new, charter-type buses and clean.  THe way it
works is that the farther in advance you schedule, the cheaper it is --
starting with fares at about $1!

Guess it's one of those things where you'll have to just find out for
yourself.  Oh, and my experience with the drivers was also excellent.  They
were kind and courteous.

Good luck!
Deborah