[Ohio-talk] Lake County

Colleen Roth n8tnv at att.net
Tue Nov 10 00:39:23 UTC 2009

Fi Eric,
I am glad you are ready to change the world.
It's amazing how much we can change the world when we get going.
I am glad you are fired up.
I know that Toledo will win that Gavel Award soon.
I also knowt you will be doing great things.
I have to share my experience with voting with all of you on this list.
Last Tuesday I planned to vote with the accessible machine. Of course it didn't work. No one knew how to fix it so I ended up voting with one person from each party since I didn't have any one on hand who could help me.
I did use the machine once in four tries. I called the Wood County Board of Elections and they are going to check that machine.
I guess we get spoiled when we can actually vote by ourselves.
Just think how our predecessors in the NFB FELT WHEN THEY COULD TAKE THE FERSON OF THEIR CHOICE INTO THE Voting Booths with them in 1965.
Helen Johnson described that fight and the letters and meetings that preceded that victory for us in Ohio.
I just wish that Voting Machines would work more regularly because I really was excited to cast my own ballot.
That says something for me because I am not a techie.
Eric, I know you are ready to work to improve the lives of the blind and to work for a positive view of blindness for the blind and the general public as well.
It is really exciting to see so much growth in our State Affiliate.
With growth comes challenge, change and of course some bumps along the way.
Let's see how much we can all do to work together to Man the Barricades.
Colleen Roth
Vice President
NFB OF Greater Toledo