[Ohio-talk] Give a helping hand

Turner, Suzanne Suzanne.Turner at ssa.gov
Wed Nov 25 19:23:41 UTC 2009

Thanksgiving is a time for giving thanks for all we have and love.  I am
certainly thankful for everyone to whom I have come in contact with.  I
am also thankful for my job at the Social Security Administration.  When
I can put a smile on my beneficiaries and or claimants faces, that is
thanks enough.

Everyday, I interview people who have been waiting on benefits from one
month to ten years at a time.  They have lost homes, family members and
other personal items while waiting.  This has given me much appreciation
for all that I have and what I can do to offer a lending hand.

Find the time to share something with a person who may not have much or
even feel as if they don't.  Tell a family member of a soldier that we
are grateful for their child, husband, wife or loved one who is serving
our country.  Tell your mailman, barber, hair dresser, bus driver, shoe
salesman, vet or garbage man how thankful you are that they make your
life a little easier.

>From the Cleveland Chapter on behalf of our President William H. Turner:
Have a great and safe Thanksgiving.

Suzanne