[Ohio-talk] National Recruitment for Braille Literacy

richard payne rchpay7 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 27 22:40:01 UTC 2009

This is great to here Suzanne. Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: ohio-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:ohio-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Turner, Suzanne
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 4:30 PM
To: NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List
Subject: [Ohio-talk] National Recruitment for Braille Literacy

Hi JW:

I have been selected to serve as a partner to work on a wonderful
committee and I am very excited about it.   I will join forces to bring
about awareness on Braille Literacy with many across the country to
provide instruction, education and enlighten about Braille.

So, in starting this, on Thursday October 29, 2009 at 5:15 p.m. , I will
be conducting a presentation at Cleveland State University in front of
25 Master and Bachelor students pursuing a degree in special education.

Rosy Carranza from the National NFB has informed me as of this weekend
that there are only two chapters in the entire Nation who are at the
forefront of providing the initiative on "Recruitment of Braille
Literacy's."

she went on to say, that The Cleveland Chapter under the Presidency of
William H. turner and a chapter from New York are first two to present
such a great cause to the public.

I thought you would like to know that Ohio has taken the lead on this
endeavor and the Cleveland chapter is very proud to represent the state.

Rosy, is equally enthusiastic about Ohio's mission and purpose and
explained that to me as well.

Consequently, the presentation will educate the class about the
importance of the instruction of Braille for children and young adults
and how it will provide and aid their productivity in society.

Yes, I am a part of the National recruitment Team, but the Chapter will
be accompanying me.  William, Billie and Joanne will be on hand to
answer any questions about the NFB, demonstrating reading and writing
Braille and answering questions about living day-to-day with blindness.

Please keep us in your thoughts as we put forth this awareness.

Suzanne M. Turner