[Ohio-talk] "Touch the Earth" -- Free Copy to Libraries and Schools for the Blind

Everett Gavel everettgavel at att.net
Sat Apr 3 21:18:06 UTC 2010

FYI.

~Everett

-------

Touch the Earth -- Free Copy to Schools and Libraries
(From the April 2010 Braille Monitor, Monitor
Miniatures section)

Touch the Earth:
  The National Federation of the Blind is pleased to
announce the
release of a new tactile book created with the support
of the National
Aeronautics and Space Administration. Touch the Earth:
A Multimedia Book
about the Earth's Biomes was written by Amy Hansen and
conceptualized by
Elissa Levine. It includes tactile graphics created by
Noreen Grice.
  This book aims to educate middle school students
while also providing
guidance for teachers on how to incorporate this book
into classroom
instruction. Each book contains contracted Braille and
large print, along
with tactile and visual graphics to illustrate
important concepts in both
tactually and visually friendly ways. Each book also
comes with a colorful
tactile map of the continents of the Earth.
  Exclusively available through the NFB Independence
Market, Touch the
Earth (product# LSA91B) can be purchased for $20. To
place an order, visit
the NFB Website and navigate to the Independence Market
retail page or call
(410) 659-9314, ext. 2216.
  We are pleased to announce that we are offering one
free copy upon
request to libraries and schools for the blind across
the country. Contact
Mary Jo T. Hartle, director of education for the
National Federation of the
Blind Jernigan Institute, at (410) 659-9314, ext. 2407,
or by email at
<mhartle at nfb.orgto request a free copy for your
institution.