[Ohio-talk] telephone conference with Marion Gwizdala, NAGDU

debra baker dbaker152 at woh.rr.com
Sat Apr 17 21:47:35 UTC 2010

Dear Ohio guide dog users,

I would like to schedule a telephone conference with Marion Gwizdala, chair
of the NFB National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU).  Several of you
have expressed interest in our seeking division status for Ohio NAGDU at our
upcoming NFB O state convention in 2010.  Though we have plenty of time, I
waited to clear more of my own calendar and to wait to see when Deborah
Kendrick, one person interested, might return to Guide Dogs for her
replacement guide.  I have pasted Marion's letter to me at the end of this
message.  Please contact me off list ASAP to schedule a telephone conference
with Marion.  My email is lahm at pobox.com.  My cell is 937 206-2935.  Thank
you for your prompt response.

Best regards,

Debbie Baker, Ohio Nagdu committee chair

Dear Fellow Federationists,

            Greetings from the National Association of Guide Dog Users! I
have been contacted by Debbie Baker who serves as the Chair of the Guide Dog
Users Committee of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio. Debbie has
let me know that she is interested in taking this committee to the next step
by creating the Ohio Association of Guide Dog Users. I am excited that
Debbie wants to organize this division and Dr. Smith and I are pleased to
support her in this undertaking. We hope you will do the same! Since
membership in an affiliate  division of the National Association of Guide
Dog Users constitutes membership in NAGDU and the NFB, you will be a part of
the most dynamic, energetic group of guide dog users in the country!

            If you are interested and willing to get involved, I urge you to
get in touch with Debbie to let her know how you can be of service! We will
be holding a teleconference meeting soon to mobilize Ohioans who use guide
dogs and others interested in guide dog related issues. Make a difference.
Get involved! We look forward to hearing from you and working together to
continue changing what it means to be blind in Ohio!

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala, President

National Association of Guide Dog Users

National Federation of the Blind