[Ohio-talk] Attention dog guide users

debra baker dbaker152 at woh.rr.com
Mon Aug 2 15:24:02 UTC 2010

Dear friends,

Again, I'd like for you to respond to me ASAP off list.  Marion Gwizdala,
president of National Nagdu, would like to confer with us about our seeking
division status for Ohio NAGDU during our state convention, Nov. 5-7.  He
wants to schedule a conference call with as many of us as can.  I have
pasted his latest email below mine.  Please respond to me at lahm at pobox.com
so that I can call dog guide users who do not have email.  From then on, we
will communicate off list if you will please send me your preferred email
contacts.

Thank you,

Debbie Baker, NAGDU chair, Ohio

Debbie,

    It was great to hear from you concerning organizing the Ohio Association
of guide Dog Users. I have copied this message to President Smith for his
information. I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. I had some
personal priorities that needed my attention.

    As requested, I am writing to give you some potential dates for holding
a teleconference to discuss the process of organizing an affiliate division
of NAGDU. I will be out of town from August 2 - 6, so these times would not
be good for me. Perhaps the best thing for me to do is to give you some
times I would not be available and let you schedule around these. Other than
Monday evenings after 4:00 pm EDT and Tuesdays from 6:00 - 8:00 pm EDT, I
would be able and willing to meet. I have a free conferencing service we
could use; however, the service requires that participants call a number
that is not toll-free. For this reason, participants would need to have
either an unlimited calling plan or be willing to pay the toll charges. Once
you have decided upon a date and time, please let me know and I will write
an invitational message and provide the call-in instructions. I look forward
to hearing from you soon!

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users