[Ohio-talk] Uncle Tom is alive and well in Cleveland, and the Sight Center is right there to dis blind people

Carol Akers purplecakers at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 18:42:15 UTC 2010

Sorry this is a late comment but who among us would turn down a free house,
especially loaded with techno stuff?  I don't think I would.  BUT it WAS
embarrassing to see how much they promoted their "work with the poor blind
folks" who had difficulty dealing with being blind but yet what did they really
do aside from talk?  Technology in the home is  great, but a media room which
has a large screen TV and each person also has an individual TV (not just close
captioned or descriptive) but separate smaller TV's to view in the room  did not
make a lot of sense.   A huge beautiful home  with more than they have ever been
used to  is a great move up in the world---what happens next?  When the fund for
upkeep of repairs is gone who will pay?  Will they be able to afford the giant
electric bill that comes with the home and all the great stuff?  Will they be
able to maintain the upkeep of such a large home OR will they present a poor
example to the public and the neigbborhood of how "blind people" are unable to
follow through with proper care of such an expensive project?   I fear that Ohio
and America will look more closely and be more likely to pick them apart because
they are blind.  Then all blind people will be lumped into the same pot just
because they are blind.
 Carol