[Ohio-talk] fyi

Richard rchpay7 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 20 13:41:18 UTC 2010

I am sending this to you after replying to her about the contact information
on their web page. I also wanted to give you the chance to give your
feedback directly to her if you would. Thanks Dr. Jw for sending this out to
us. The online application did not work for me. Richard

Since the online application for the legal aid in Dayton is so similar to
the one we use here in Columbus, I was wondering if you would email me back
after you have completed the online application and then tell me what your
impression of the process is. I think your suggestion to have an option on
our website to email for assistance is a great idea, and I was wondering if
there are any other suggestions you may have. No one in our office is really
aware of what technology is implemented by people who have visual
impairments, so we don't know what we should do to be adequately prepared
for assisting those clients. Also, if you have time and are willing, could
you answer a few questions for me?

1.       Is Braille still widely used today? Should we have our materials
prepared in Braille for our clients with visual impairments to use?

2.       How do people with visual impairments use computers?

3.       Is there a preferred method for contact (phone, email, snail mail,
etc.)?

4.       Is there anything that our office can do to make it more accessible
for when clients come in for our services?

Any other advice or suggestions you may have are greatly appreciated! Thank
you so much for your input!

Britney Williams

Intake Law Clerk

Legal Aid Society of Columbus