[Ohio-talk] convention

Kelly Prescott kelly.prescott at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 08:14:56 UTC 2010

Everyone, please check who you are replying to when you send replies.
To much "personal" information is being sent to the list.
When you reply if the message was from ohio-talk, that is if ohio-talk is in
the subject, the messages go back to the list by default.
To solve this problem, use the selective reply function of your email client
to reply to the actual sender instead of the list.
This does 2 things, first, it keeps clutter off the general list.
Second, and more importantly, it keeps information that you may not want to
broadcast to everyone off the list.
Remember, this goes to everyone in ohio and perhaps more.
If you use outlook and jaws, the hotkey to use is insert+shift+r.
For other email clients and programs, there are similar functions.

-- Kelly Prescott