[Ohio-talk] [GCPDYLF] OSSB marching band going to Seattle.

Paul Dressell pmdbmd at fuse.net
Wed Feb 9 17:30:53 UTC 2011

?
Y LF friends-
I think many of you will be excited to read this good news from Ohio State School for the Blind. FYI this band also participated in the Rose Bowl Parade
on New Years Day, 2010.
Sincerely,
Elizabeth Sammons
***

It's official.
We are going to be the lead band in the Lions Club International Parade of Nations in Seattle, Washington, July 5, 2011.  The band will leave July 3 and
return July 6.  A highlight of the trip (besides the parade)  is watching a variety show of international acts including The Canadian Brass, CABO--a Japanese
drumming group, and a Bollywood group.   Another highlight is the dance for teenagers participating in the parade.  Everyone will enjoy the Experience
Music Project and the Science Fiction Museum as well as a tour of Seattle in an amphibious vehicle.  It's called the "Ride the Ducks" tour.
Here's the July 4 schedule:

Experience Music Project | Science Fiction Museum

?
Ride the Ducks of Seattle Tour

(2 Ducks exclusively for the group for a1.5 hour tour)
Block quote end

?
Free time to explore Pike's Place Market

? Group dinner at Hard Rock Café (included)

?
Fireworks at Gasworks Park on Lake Union

We are now in the process of fund raising.  This spring we will begin practicing our parade marching in practices 5:30-7:30 p.m.  More on that once we get
a schedule made.

Carol Agler
Music Director
OSSBMB Assistant Director