[Ohio-talk] drawings in the nfb

Carol Akers purplecakers at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 20:24:08 UTC 2011

We need to hold ourselves to a higher standard than other groups so we are not
lumped in with those who commit "fraud" or "scam" raffles by taking peoples
money and not producing a result as you said.

 Technically if someone wanted to know WHO won the prize or prizes in any given
raffle, they should be able to find out  thus ensuring it was a legitimate
raffle and if not, the group or organization could be held accountable if
someone reported it as fraud.

We need to be very cautious whenever we do raffles for prizes.   The best way
to raffle an item is to already have that item on hand, donated or
somehow available (esp when it is an item of value) ---you can never count on
buying the item with funds generated by the sale of tickets.    If a raffle does
not take place--the monies should be returned to those who purchased tix esp if
they were $5 or more tix prices.  As an organization we need to present
ourselves in an honest manner because our reputation precedes us at any given
time.
Carol Akers