[Ohio-talk] new members

Richard rchpay7 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 18 06:34:55 UTC 2011

Dayton had a meeting this past Saturday and the informational meeting that
we had in June spilled over. There was  4 new visitors and 3 of them
attended the informational meeting that we had in June. Tim stated that he
has always read the NFB material and had just retired so he wanted to get
more involved in the local chapter. Charlene is the daughter of a member of
ours that past  on a few years ago who is now having problems with her
vision. Jim also was there and he told us how much he got out of the meeting
and stated that he was able to obtain a job with one of the venders that was
at the meeting in June. We also talked about issues that  blind people have
to adjust to when they  first become blind and ways to overcome some of the
struggles. One of our long time members told me that our local meeting was
very informative. I am glad to report that we gained 3 new members. With 1
in the hole. Richard