[Ohio-talk] State Convention Update

J.W. Smith jwsmithnfb at frontier.com
Tue Jun 21 00:03:12 UTC 2011

This past weekend I along with Richard Payne met with the new staff at the
hotel where we will be having our Convention for the next 4 years.

It was a good meeting and I can assure you that I think that you will enjoy
the genuine hospitality and competence of this hotel team.

The hotel is undergoing some renovations wich will be completed by September
5th this year and then the hotel will become a Wyndham Garden facility.

I was assured that our original contracts and rates will be honored and
after meeting with the new General Manager and head of banquet matters, I
believe that this hotel may end up being one of the finest we have had in
recent times.

I will keep you posted about our  Board meeting  scheduled for September
17th in Dayton and any additional details concerning the hotel facilities.

We also met with the Dayton Convention and Visitors Bureau and they will be
working closely with our host chapter to make this one of our best
Conventions as well so stay tuned for updates from them as well.

The Miami Valley chapter is pulling out all the stops to really make us feel
welcome so start planning for it all now.

Finally, remember that our room rates will be 75 dollars pernight for the
next 4 years so let's take full advantage of this opportunity because we may
not ever see rates like this again.

Jw

Dr. J. Webster Smith

President, National Federation of the Blind of Ohio

PO Box 458 Athens, OH 45701

740-592-6326

"Changing what it means to be blind"

For more information go to nfbohio.org