[Ohio-talk] Convention and raffle

Payne, Richard L (GE Capital) richard.payne at ge.com
Wed Jun 22 19:21:18 UTC 2011

I have no problem with us requesting and encouraging chapters and members to sale. I do have problems with us saying we will hunt and hound members about this and other fundraising projects that we have. I will and always will sale whatever we decide as an affiliate to bring money to the state. I think if we want to ask for money from the chapters to help the state it should be separated from a raffle are projects like this. If the state board is going to mandate that chapters and members donate to the state again do not do it in a manner that inflates a raffle.
I know there are certain people out there that will not agree with me but that is ok. We are selling tickets and candy making and also donations at the state convention and many people in most chapters give from their hearts. I will reiterate I have no problem with chapters giving to the state and would advocate just that. I think threatening chapters and members saying we will hunt them down is wrong. I want to get more money and would do whatever it took to do so.  I also will make the extra efforts to see that whoever got convention assistance will be able to receive it without being pushed around. In conclusion This is no fight with any one the fact is the raffle is something that we all should be sharing in and if we want a larger profit we should have made up enough tickets to cover a certain projected profit. We need the money and yes we all should share in the efforts but this is not the way to get people to do it. Please do not take my concerns out of context.  Richard