[Ohio-talk] NAPUB Radio Readings

mzavoli at roadrunner.com mzavoli at roadrunner.com
Tue Nov 15 05:08:47 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I enjoyed the radio readingn of Fibber McGee and Molly.  Everyone did a great job!  I think it's a great fundraiser, and we should have a Braille reading of a transcript each year.  In adddition to transcripts from Fibber McGee and Molly, consider readings from Our Miss Brooks, My Favorite Husband, Burns and Allen, the Great Gildersleeves or the Jack Benny Show.

Continuing on the subject of fundraising, the NFB of New York State held a virtual horse race at the banquet.  I don't have all the details, but it seems that bets were place on six horses, and depending on which horse won, the winner would be paid $20.00 if the bet was $5.00 or $40.00 if the bet was $10.00.  A pair of dice was used.  The six horses represented six sides of a dice, and the other dice indicated how many steps that horse could take.  Each time the dice were rolled, a horse number was announced along with the number of steps it could take.  The maximum number of steps to win was 55.  Whichever horse reached that number first was declared the winner.  To find out how it worked,  go to the nfb of New York State's web site:

http://www.nfbny.org/convention_2011.htm

To fast forward:  control plus shift F; to speed up the track, control plus shift g; for normal speed, control plus shift n.  This should help you navigate the banquet faster and get to the horse race event quicker.

It sounded like a lot of fun!  Perhaps we could try this as well for our next banquet.

Milena

Milena