[Ohio-talk] Dayton project mobility

Richard rchpay7 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 18 08:05:25 UTC 2011

The service can work for him. Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: ohio-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:ohio-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of COLLEEN ROTH
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2011 11:24 AM
To: ohio-talk at nfbnet.org
Subject: Re: [Ohio-talk] Dayton project mobility

Hi Cindy,
Unfortunately Paratransit isn't known for timely service. People have been
dismissed from their jobs because of poor service from Paratransit.
My gusband used ! leave for working 1 hour and 45 minutes before he had to
be there to gunantee he would arrive on time.
Pickvat night could be three hours late.
He had to take a cab costing $27.50 one way a couple of times.
He even got picked up one hour early several times meaning 5-15 am for a 8
AM start time.
This was because there was no regular bus which he could use without
transferring three times and crossing a major highway and walking in an area
with no sidewalks.
Unfortunately sometimes you just have to make other arrangements because
Paratransit is notoriously late or not able to meet people's needs.
The rationale is that it is not a taxi and people can be on the bus for
over an hour.
Obviously, this won't work if Kyle needs to get to class on time.
Colleen Roth