[Ohio-talk] money for the movement

Richard rchpay7 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 22 11:28:40 UTC 2011

Money for the movement

I am sending this letter to chapter presidents and anyone else that I think
will join the movement.

While I look back at the years in Ohio as an NFB member. It is very true
that it has been a great pleasure to be a part of a state that could help
with getting to important meetings. I come from the states down south and we
did not have this great way of assisting others. I know there are those who
can afford to pay their own way to and from meetings. I also am very aware
of the fact that there are several people we have been able to help with the
strong financial abilities that we have. We have sent people to represent
the NFB to meetings and several other things have been done to reach out. I
am convinced that these and many other things that we do will be a set back
if we do not work harder.  Understand that the money we can afford to send
to the state affiliate can help more people than if we keep a vault on it.
Dr. Smith has been very fair when spreading the love of financial gifts to
all. I am shouting out to all parties involved. Yes it is true that we no
longer have the large amount of money coming in that we had for so long. But
that does  not mean that we cannot do things to keep the affiliate
financially  stable. I am asking all presidents to bring a check in hand for
money for the movement of 1000 dollars. If you cannot give that pledge to
give 500 are another amount with the total amount to donate of 1000 dollars.
They told me that if you give and you do not feel it then you need to give
more. This is not just for chapters but members and friends of the NFB. I
think that it is true that many blind people live on very limited incomes
but we can put aside money to assure the strong efforts of the Ohio
affiliate has been known to have.

I want those of us who have enjoyed the rewards of receiving and giving to
step up to bat. I am not sure that we really understand that now is the time
to give back to the state. We got a good understanding of the status of our
affiliate this past week end at the board meeting but guys let's move and be
prepared at the state convention to give large amounts to the state.  I am
going to include Dr. Smiths address at the end of this message so if anyone
wants to donate in advance you can.

Richard

Dr. JW Smith

          jwsmithnfb at frontier.com