[Ohio-talk] Ohio News and new families

Carol Akers purplecakers at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 31 21:48:55 UTC 2012



Way to go Colleen!  The kids and families are still out there, we just have to find and connect with them. Try to get their addresses, emails and info about the kids if you can.  Of course get the parents names, I have had some in the past that give only the child's name and then it is kinda difficult to find out how to address the parents when you call or write to them!
Carol Akers
Talk to me about Thirty-One Purses and Gifts!  Great products!
 
 Do you know a blind or visually impaired person?   Ask me how the National Federation of the Blind and The Parents of Blind Children of Ohio can help change attitudes about blindness!
 

________________________________
 From: COLLEEN ROTH <N8TNV at ATT.NET>
To: ohio-talk at nfbnet.org 
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2012 12:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Ohio-talk] NFB Scrip Ohio News
  
Hi,
I don't know. I guess I just fell in love with the kids and wanted and still want the best for them and their families.
Colleen

PS. I just talked to a mom with a five-year-old today.
I am going to meet the little girl when she gets over her cold.
The mom knew Helen Johnson and her aunt is Helen Gohnson's daughter-in-law Bonnie Johnson.
I also just found out about another young man who is blind.
I should have some parents for you to talk, too, Carol.
I guess I still have some work to do.
Colleen Roth



----- Original Message -----
From: Carol Akers <purplecakers at yahoo.com>
To: NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
Date: Friday, Aug 31, 2012 02:51:31 AM
Subject: Re: [Ohio-talk] NFB Scrip Ohio News

>
>
> 
> 
>  Colleen,
> How do you remember all that?
> Carol Akers
> Talk to me about Thirty-One Purses and Gifts!  Great products!
>  
>  Do you know a blind or visually impaired person?   Ask me how the National Federation of the Blind and The Parents of Blind Children of Ohio can help change attitudes about blindness!
>  
> 
> ________________________________
>  From: Colleen Roth <n8tnv at att.net>
> To: ohio-talk at nfbnet.org 
> Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 2:53 PM
> Subject: Re: [Ohio-talk] NFB Scrip Ohio News
>  
> Hi Carol,
> It's hard to believe that Dusty will be 28. When we met you he was 4 years old.
> Time does fly.
> That's a good way to fund raise.
> Colleen Roth
> 
> 
> 
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Carol <purplecakers at yahoo.com>
> To: NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
> Date: Wednesday, Aug 29, 2012 04:57:09 PM
> Subject: Re: [Ohio-talk] NFB Scrip Ohio News
> 
> >
> >
> > All of us in the Columbus, Capital Chapter area, or anyone who wants to come hang out with us on October 13th, should remember that we are doing a dine to donate at Applebees on Oct 13. With Applebees adding extra money onto their donation. Buy your cards from Sept 1st to get the benefit! Dusty & I will use his birthday celebration as a good reason to eat there on that day. October 16 he will be 28, wow has time flown by! I believe Shelbi will need to celebrate that wkend al.  
> > Come join us & fundraise with us!
> > Carol
> > 
> > Sent from my Verizon phone
> > 
> > 
> > On Aug 29, 2012, at 2:46 PM, "Shelbi Hindel" <shelbiah at att.net> wrote:
> > 
> > > Hello to Everyone,
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > Just a reminder that the orders for our fund raising program, NFB Scrip Ohio
> > > are due September 3rd by 7 p.m. That is a Monday evening and a Holiday. Hope
> > > everyone has a pleasant and relaxing Holiday.
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > We do have a few specials to announce. They all start on September 1 but end
> > > on either thebleadth or  21st. 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > Here is the list of specials that end on the 14th — Staples bonus value gift
> > > cards. (Sorry no further information was given.) 
> > > 
> > > Applebee's 2 %
> > > 
> > > Walgreens 1 %. 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > There are three which end on the 21st — 
> > > 
> > > Coldwater Creek 2 %
> > > 
> > > Journeys 3 %
> > > 
> > > Shutterfly 2 %.  
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > Also, remember the 2 drawings that we have going until the October order is
> > > submitted. They are for a $25  Scrip gift card of your choice. In the first
> > > drawing  you are entered for being a new person to join the program, using
> > > Prestopay and submitting an order. You are automatically entered in the
> > > second drawing once for each $100 that you spend using the Scrip Program.
> > > The drawings will take place at the State Convention. 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > Eric Duffy and Carol Akers will be available to help people with either
> > > ordering or signing up. 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > As always, happy shopping,
> > > 
> > > Shelbi
> > > 
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > Ohio-talk mailing list
> > > Ohio-talk at nfbnet.org
> > > http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org
> > > To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Ohio-talk:
> > > http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org/purplecakers%40yahoo.com
> > 
> > _______________________________________________
> > Ohio-talk mailing list
> > Ohio-talk at nfbnet.org
> > http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org
> > To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Ohio-talk:
> > http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org/n8tnv%40att.net
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Ohio-talk mailing list
> Ohio-talk at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Ohio-talk:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org/purplecakers%40yahoo.com
> _______________________________________________
> Ohio-talk mailing list
> Ohio-talk at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Ohio-talk:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org/n8tnv%40att.net
> 


_______________________________________________
Ohio-talk mailing list
Ohio-talk at nfbnet.org
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Ohio-talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org/purplecakers%40yahoo.com


More information about the Ohio-talk mailing list