[Ohio-talk] The Ñext Scrip order

eric duffy eduffy at deltav.org
Sun Jan 29 05:00:13 UTC 2012

The next Scrip order will be released at 9:00 AM.  on February
13.  This is later in the month than we normally release the
order, but Carol and I will be in Washington on the first Monday
of the month.  The good part about this is that anyone wishing to
do so still has time to sign up.  I hope to sign up new
participants in Washington.

Today I bought a $20 Amazon gift card.  I spent $20.15  and the
NFB of Ohio got 74 cents.  That happened automatically.  That
would not have happened had I not been signed up for Shop with
Scrip.  Had I gone directly to Amazon, the organization wouldn't
have gotten any money.  Please remember  that the National
Federation of the Blind of Ohio cannot be responsible for orders
that are not received.  So if your order is mailed to you and if
for any reason you do not receive it, we cannot replace the cards
and we cannot refund your money.  This is a program to raise
funds for the organization, and although we appreciate your
participation, we cannot ensure your cards.  The postal service
does not cover the mailing of gift cards through any insurance
program.  The best we can do is to send them certified mail
receipt  requested.  Even this is not a guarantee however.  It
certainly improves the chances your order will arrive.  This
method of mailing will cost roughly $5.  So if you order cards
you must let our
scrip coordinators know how you want to receive them.  They can
be sent by regular mail.  They can be sent by certified mail at
your expense, or you can pick them up.  If you choose to have
them sent by certified mail, you must send a check  to Carol or
Shelbi.  Your order will not be mailed until we know how you wish
to receive it.  We would prefer that you send an email to Shelbi
or Carol to let them know how you want to receive your cards.  If
you cannot send an email please call one of them.
We want everyone to participate but we cannot put the
organization in a position to loose money.  Financially
guarantying the arrival of cards would not be responsible to the
membership, and would be consider a bad practice by the IRS,
Attorney General, and supporters of the organization.  If you
have questions or concerns about this policy please contact me by
email or by phone.  We hope you will participate in the Scrip
fund raising program.  This policy was developed by necessity.
Before announcing the policy, we did have to reimburse one
individual for lost cards.  I am confident that this individual
will order again.  That says a lot about him personally and how
much he believes in the program.
I say all of this because we want everyone to participate in SHOP
with Scrip.  We will do as much as we can to see that your
participation is as easy as possible as well as beneficial to you
and to the Federation.

Eric Duffy

(614) 377-9877.