[Ohio-talk] FW: [NFBAffiliatePresidents] ACB Resolution on FLSA

Eric Duffy eduffy at deltav.org
Sun Jul 15 06:46:03 UTC 2012

All I can say is I have listened and drawn my own conclusion. My
conclusion is this, thank God I found the NFB first. I knew there was
no need to check out any other organization because the NFB is
unquestionably the right organization for me. There is no taking a
week stand on issue and then trying to justify it for any reason. We
simply don't do that in this organization. As Dr. Jernigan so often
said, we know who we are, and we will never go back. We will not go
back to the days when this law was unnecessarily passed. But as the
ACB said several years ago they don't know what their philosophy is.
They must still be trying to figure it out. But, maybe they have
articulated very well with this one resolution. As long as it doesn't
affect their members or for that matter too many blind people, it's
okay to pay people with disabilities sub minimum wages. I would be
embarrassed if that were my own personal philosophy, and I would be
embarrassed to be a part of an organization  that takes that stand.

Sent from my iPhone