[Ohio-talk] Getting to know Tri C Eastern campus

Vincent Fugate vincentf2872 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 21:23:39 UTC 2013

Thanks Wanda,

                I ended up in Cleveland because I took a customer service
training course through Infocisions that was held at the Cleveland Sight
Center.  Infocisions was supposed to higher me after they finished my
training.  I moved up here thinking I had the job, but I did not know I was
not hired until after I moved up here.

                Since then I have been volunteering as a preschool classroom
aid for almost 2 years, and I decided I want to get a certification that
will allow me to get a job in this area.  If this works out for me I'll also
get a BA in Early Childhood Education.  There has been some people up here
that have said I cannot do this because I am blind, but I have been in
contact with people through email who have been both preschool aids, and
preschool teachers that are totally blind.

                I have been having trouble getting the help I need with
getting to know my way around Tri C, and the Cleveland area, and I have not
had much success with getting to know the Cleveland Chapter, and I don't
really feel that I fit in with that group.  I thought that it might help if
I post an email on Ohio Talk, and maybe this could help me get to know the
Cleveland Chapter as well.

                I was going to go to the Ohio convention last year, but that
was until I saw they had CABVI on the agenda.  I do not support
organizations that discriminate the blind in any way.  They will not let you
be a Forman on their dinner packet assembly floor if you are blind even if
you can show you can do the job, and there are a lot of other problems with
this particular organization.

                All I am trying to do here is to get in contact with people
in my area in hopes to get to know the Cleveland area better, and I don't
know my way around Tri C eastern at all, and it's been taking too long to
get the help I need.  I was hoping to start classes this fall, but I am
going to have to wait until winter semester now because I was not able to
get a lot of things done in time simply because I did not know my way around
so I could do this on my own.