[Ohio-talk] Getting to know Tri C Eastern campus

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 17:44:49 UTC 2013

Hello All,
As a member of Cleveland ChapterI think our meetings are of a average
length, 1 hour thirty minutes to 2 hours, each meeting has an agenda,
the location we useis not open all night and we must leave before
closing time. There are chapter members that socialize at other times,
recently several items have been posted to newsline of a social nature
by the Cuyahoga chapter. Melina is a great contact for these types of
events, she is open to new ideas  and tries to accomadate us. No one
fits into the chemistry of every group but, in Cleveland there are
choices. There is another wonderful chapter, Cuyahoga and you can
contact Cheryl Fisher for meeting information.

For orientation to a new area, there are several ways to make this
happen. Tri-C has an accessibility office and if you contact them with
your problem the school should assist you. Your state counselor is
qualified to provide the direction necessary to receive additional
orientation and mobility training. There is a another option, just do
it!Do it scared, do it whilewhen unsure, but just do it! People may be
more helpful than you think.
Cleveland is growing in many directions, finding something to do is
never the problem. There is new construction, great restaurants, many
learning institutions, we are a medical mecca, home of the Cleveland
Browns and other professional sports teams, world class museums, The
Cleveland Orchestrathat is housed in the best concert hall on the
planet Severance Hall. We have beaches, jet skiing, canoeing, rivers,
fishing, islands, a new Elephant Crossing at the zoo, Cleveland offers
the best paratransit system in the USA, and so much more. Most
importantly we are a city with great folks that love to work, live,
and play right here in Cleveland, Ohio!
Blessings,
Cheryl Fields

--