[Ohio-talk] Voyageur Canoe Cultural Program

mzavoli at roadrunner.com mzavoli at roadrunner.com
Mon Aug 12 05:18:40 UTC 2013

Hello Friends,

For mass distribution:

Plese help me recruit as many people as possible to participate in the Voyageur canoe historical program .  The more participants that come, the cheaper
the price will be.  The entire cost is $125 but when split among 11 participants, the price averages out to be around $11.28.

Program Name: Voyageur Canoe
Instructors: Foster Brown & Rachel Nagle
Participants: 7-11 adults (minimum of 7 people)
Program dates & Locations: September 25, 2-4 p.m.
Wallace Lake, Mill Stream Run Reservation
Program Details:

Participants will meet Rachel Nagle at Panera Bakery at 1:45 p.m.:
18324 Bagley Road, Cleveland, Ohio 44130

Instruction will be given on paddling the Voyager Canoe as well as historical interpretation.
Fee: $125 (less than 11 people)

Additionally, please fill out all waiver forms attached to this e-mail.  If you need help completing the waiver form, call me at (216) 939-0502 or e-mail me at the corresponding address.

About The Program

"This September, Cleveland Metroparks Voyageur Canoe Paddles continue to immerse participants in the life of old-time French Voyageurs.

Join Historical Interpreter Foster Brown for these one-hour living history programs taking paddlers on a trip back to the Fur Trade Era. While paddling the canoes, participants can sing along to the French Canadian paddle songs and sample the food of the time. Foster will be performing songs from his CD “Ohio & Erie Canal: Inspired Songs that Tell the Story.” Voyageur Canoe Paddles provide the opportunity for individuals, friends and families to learn about the Great Lakes Fur Trade Era in a unique and active way.

The 34-foot Voyageur Canoe is a fibreglass replica of the original voyageur canoes, which were used to travel the Great Lakes from Montreal to Lake Superior and the eastern shores of Minnesota in the 18th and 19th centuries.

Each participant paddles the large, 18-seater canoe on Wallace Lake."

Please let me know by Friday, August 23rd whether you plan to join us.

This sounds like fun!  Let's make this trip a success!  See you then!

Milena