[Ohio-talk] 50th year of the dream

Payne, Richard L (GE Capital) richard.payne at ge.com
Wed Aug 28 14:17:06 UTC 2013

I can remember the statement that Dr. Jernigan    made by comparing the struggles of the blind with the civil rights movement    of African Americans.
This is the 50th anniversary of Dr. Kings I have a dream and the historical march. We have our own march on Washington that we now call the Washington seminar.
I can state this day that when I first heard the comparison it seemed to be a stretch to me. When I look back at the trail of years it reminds me of just how far we have come and the long road ahead. Richard