[Ohio-talk] Buckeye Update

COLLEEN ROTH n8tnv at att.net
Tue Dec 17 04:35:03 UTC 2013

 Hi JW.
I am not saying that you or anyone else was not spending wisely. What I am saying is that some people were allowed to attend Convention when they weren't very good about attending sessions and meetings. I know that the hope was that after awhile the people who were not as committed would decide that the Federation were for them.
I know that we had nothing to worry about as far as what the money was used for. My problem is with the people who didn't appreciate it and who didn't and don't do anything to contribute in any way to the NFB.
I do not have a problem with helping those who cannot come to the Convention without Assistance.
I just want people to be told that if they do not actively participate inthe Convention or any other event where their way was partially or fully paid that they will not get assistance again.
I want this to be done privately and I do not want anyone to be embarrassed.
I guess I feel that if those of us with health concerns can attend all of the sessions and many of the other activities which make up a Convention there is no reason for others to do less.
Without naming names you and I know that there are some people who do as little as possible at Conventions. When you look for them they are never around.
It is unfortunate that we do not have the money to help more people to attend the Convention and I hope this changes.
I am sorry that some people who actively participate in the NFBO have not been able to attend lately.
Colleen