[Ohio-talk] Buckeye Update

COLLEEN ROTH n8tnv at att.net
Tue Dec 17 04:35:30 UTC 2013

 Hello Eric,
I certainly agree with you. I am not questioning how money was spent. I am just saying that some people took advantage and didn't appreciate the opportunity for learning and leadership afforded to them.
I certainly can remember when our budget for the year was six thousand dollars. Dear Ruth Garwood was so trusting that she carried it in a suitcase.
That was scary! Due to the economy we have had to struggle lately. Maybe it is good that we all have to pitch in and do more fund-raising now.
It was so easy when we didn't have to work as hard at it. I would never have made a good Mendicant Sister. Those were the Religious Orders who begged to get the money they needed to run hospitals, orphanages, etc.
I am sure none of us like fund-raising (there are exceptions) but we all have to do it now.
We do not have the luxury of hoping money will just appear.
The NFBO Leadership has ne been the question. It's been a concern about people who do not follow through after getting Financial Assistance for any event.
I appreciate your leadership during this time Eric.
I think all three of our last Presidents have had some time when we struggled to fund our movement. Actually we could go back even further.
We even had a person in Toledo donate a house which we used for a home for the blind when that was commonplace. When that house was sold the money was put into a CD for later use.
It was used when our State Affiliate needed the money.
Colleen Roth