[Ohio-talk] Gourmet Food Basket changes

Carol Akers purplecakers at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 24 04:16:50 UTC 2013

 Hello everyone!
This year we have had to make some changes in the Raffle since we are not having physcial gatherings for  NFB Ohio board meetings in Jan and April. The Parents Division decided that the solution is to have a Gift Card Raffle!  Thanks to the Lorain County Chapter, we have a $ 100 gift card already lined up for a prize and the promise of an additional $25 card. BUT we need more!  Remember, the proceeds from this fundraiser go to support the BELL program!
We are looking for additional donations of gift cards from chapters, individuals and stores.  It would be great if we could all go out and get some cards donated by  common chain stores such as Giant Eagle, Kroger, Walmart OR have them purchased through the Scrip program by chapters, divisions or individuals.  They would then be  added to the pot of prizes in lieu of the food donations that we have asked you to bring to the Spring Board meeting in years past. This Annual Parents Raffle has been going on for at least 30 years!  Can you believe that?  We have had enough donations in the past to  fill 5-6 Gourmet Food Baskets, so we need more prizes to bundle.  As Shelbi suggested, we do not have to limit ourselves to grocery gift cards.  We could also add Starbucks, Wendys, or other gift cards to the mix. Lets make it fun and suprising.  It may entice more people to buy  more tickets to support the BELL program and end up with a nice
 prize!

 The tickets are on the way to all Chapter Presidents, Divison Presidents, POBC board members.  Anyone else who would like to sell or buy tix should contact Mark McClain,  if you do not have access to any of the above persons. mcmclain at columbus.rr.com   or 937-935-6189
 Thank you in advance for all your support!
 The Parents of Blind Children of Ohio Board
Carol Akers,Cindy Conley, Kim Ruffin,  Mark McClain, Crystal McClain, Ruth Boggs, Connie Misch

Do you know a blind or visually impaired person?   Ask me how the National Federation of the Blind and The Parents of Blind Children of Ohio can help change attitudes about blindness! http://www.nfb.org/