[Ohio-talk] Fw: Article from Matilda Ziegler Reader s Forum 2013 07 01

Paul Dressell pmdbmd at fuse.net
Thu Jul 4 14:54:36 UTC 2013

I couldn't have said it better. Paul
----- Original Message -----
From: NFB-NEWSLINE Online
To: Paul Dressell
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2013 12:19 AM
Subject: Article from Matilda Ziegler Reader s Forum 2013 07 01

Brian wrote: Hi this is Brian Sackrider and I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with the companies that produce and sell products for the blind, such as Freedom Scientific, Humanware, GW Micro etc. They refuse to provide Braille documentation for their products. They say we will send you a audio CD. Try and look something up on an audio CD. This problem also occurs with the catalog that companies provide. We blind are being discriminated against because we are being deprived and denied the written word. People that know Braille but choose not to use it are just plain lazy. Audio is for lazy people. I would prefer to read for myself and if we don't read then we are not literate and both the national organizations for the blind are not doing anything about this problem. These companies are showing us that they really don't really care about their customers at all. I would like to have Braille manuals and catalogs and Braille labels on CDs and Braille readers don't care how many volumes something is. If I am given the option I will always take Braille over audio any day. Most narrators just put me to sleep because they read so darn slow.. This article is provided to you as a courtesy of NFB-NEWSLINE® Online for your sole use. The content of this E-mail is protected under copyright law, and is not to be distributed in any manner to others; infringement of our non-dissemination agreement is strictly prohibited. Allowing someone to have access to this material is in violation of the Terms of Use agreement that you electronically signed when you signed up for NFB-NEWSLINE® Online. Please do not forward this E-mail or its attachments to any other person or disseminate it in any manner. Thank you. The NFB-NEWSLINE® Team.