[Ohio-talk] Metroparks nature Hike

mzavoli at roadrunner.com mzavoli at roadrunner.com
Wed Jun 5 01:46:34 UTC 2013

Hello Everyone,

I realize that all list members are not from the Cleveland area, but this forum is a great way to spread the word, and all are welcome.

I have organized an event with the Rocky river Nature Center which includes an afternoon filled with culture and history about the Woodland Indians.  We will be climbing 135 stairs to an archaeological site to explore ancient Earth works.  A naturalist will accompany us at this expedition and will educate us on how the Woodland Indians survived and lived in this part of Ohio.  While there, the naturalist will pass out stone tools and deerskin artifacts for us to examine.  This is not just about a day of archaeology, it's also about reconnecting with nature and being transported  to a time when the only entertainment available was among each other.

If you accept the challenge of the climb to great heights to visit the Indian Earth works and learn about Indian culture and life, join us  at the Rocky River Reservation Nature Center on Wednesday, July 3rd, at 1 p.m.

Address:  Rocky River Reservation Nature Center
24000 Valley Parkway, North Olmsted, Ohio.

Please let me know whether you plan to attend by June 26, 2013 and write to me off list for more details.

Milena