[Ohio-talk] a very thought and anger-provoking article from NBP

Colleen Roth n8tnv at att.net
Thu Mar 14 22:01:04 UTC 2013

Hi Shelbi,
Thanks for posting the article. I think that Kimberly Ballard is merely asking questions. She is not making statements.
She is wondering how much importance teachers and students will place on the use of Braille.
I think that we in the NFB are certainly promoting the use of Braille. I definitely think that the National Braille Press is doing the same.
I am sure that there are many of us who will continue to use Braille and that we will continue to encourage Braille Literacy.
Using Braille with Technology makes sense.
Did you notice how easy it is to carry our notetakers with us and read Br wherever we go.
It's also so easy to get emails with attachments and read them in Braille.
Kimberly is just expressing her concern and asking questions. I did not see her saying that Braille is irrelevant, she just wants to know where it will stand as time goes on. She's just thinking and questioning out loud.
Colleen Roth