[Ohio-talk] Blid Franciscans?

COLLEEN ROTH n8tnv at att.net
Fri Mar 29 23:33:09 UTC 2013

Hi Eric,
I know that there was a blind Franciscan nun years ago who has since left the Convent.
I am sure there are some blind Franciscans.
There are several blind Nuns who receive material from the Xavier Society for the Blind.
There are also some people who are Associates of Orders of Religious men and women.
There are several Cloistered nuns, we have a Notre Dame Sister who is blind and there are many more.
I am a Francisan Associate in Tiffin which means I made a Covenant to work on goals of the Sisters and be part of a Local Community. If anyone wants more info I can always help with Info on Religious Vucations, and being an Associate of a Religious Community.
Both men and women can be Associates. That is different than a Third Order Member.
Thanks for your comments on the current discussion. Our use of language about blindness is very important.
I'll never forget Dr. Jernigan's comments in Blindness—Handicap or Chistic to name one example.
I read this when I was a fairly new Federationist and still believe it is worth passing on to others today.
Colleen Roth