[Ohio-talk] Great news from Cleveland!

Barbara Pierce bbpierce at pobox.com
Mon May 20 14:41:02 UTC 2013

I joined the Cleveland chapter Friday evening for a round table discussion
with reps from Marcy Kaptur's office and Marcia Fudge's office. Bev Charles
from the Fudge staff said that her boss was on both bills as a cosponsor. I
know that she had not been as of noon that day, so I gently said that her
name did not appear on Thomas, which was absolutely true. If Bev had
announced that the staff had decided that Ms. Fudge would support both bills
that very day, she would have had the credit for that decision and the
thanks of the entire audience.

I have now talked with Kyle Williams of Fudge's Washington staff, and he
assures me that they have given her name to the lead sponsors of both bills!
She really is now on both bills, or she will be as soon as the list catches
up with the staff's action.

I am absolutely certain that this would not have happened without the hard
work of the Cleveland chapter, and especially of Suzanne Turner. This
experience demonstrates why getting to members of Congress in the district
is so valuable.

All three women in the Ohio congressional delegation are now cosponsors of
the space available bill, and the only two Ohioans on the Fair Wages for
Workers with Disabilities Act are Joyce Beatty and Marcia Fudge. Ohio now
has 11 cosponsors of the space available bill. We are over half way there.
Please do everything you can to increase our numbers on both bills, and
congratulations to Cleveland.

Barbara

Barbara Pierce

President Emerita