[Ohio-talk] Commendation

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 17:37:58 UTC 2013

I know that some interesting questions were raised during Mindy Duncan's
presentation Friday afternoon, and there are some definite areas in which
BSVI can improve, but ironically the day after convention there was an issue
with my school still not showing the tuition assistance I was approved for
on my bill and charging me interest for the outstanding costs.  This is an
issue I tried to work out with my counselor and the bursar's office months
ago, and I thought it was going to be fixed when I gave the bursar's office
authorization numbers and dates on billing statements, and my contact in the
bursar's office said she would work things out with my counselor.  I told
Mindy about it on the same call I made to discuss getting materials in
accessible formats, and she was able to put me in touch with someone who is
not only investigating what has happened and is planning on getting back to
me later this afternoon, but also going to work with me and the bursar's
office at UD to get the interest I am currently charged removed from my
bill.

Who would have thought that that presentation and Mindy's contact
information would have proved beneficial just three days later.

Kaiti Shelton

University of Dayton---2016

Music Therapy Major, Psychology Minor, Clarinet

Ohio Association of Blind Students, President

Advocates for Sexual Assault Prevention (ASAP), Vice President

NFB Community Service Group, Service Project Committee Chair

Sigma Alpha Iota-Delta Sigma, Usher Coordinator