[Ohio-talk] fyi not just us

COLLEEN ROTH n8tnv at att.net
Wed Nov 13 23:07:15 UTC 2013

Unfortunately this problem with wheelchairs is well known among those who need them.
When we took Karen to Dallas I had been warned about this problem.
If a chair has a lot of custom features this can be a real problem.
There definitely should be training for those who handle wheelchairs and specialized equipment.
Some locations do not even have ramps for people who need them.
in 1993 I ended up carrying Karen down the aisle. She wasn't able to be accommodated in the wheelchair they had to use due to the narrow aisles on planes.
Hopefully there will be more training for airline personnel so that these issues do not continue to occur.
Colleen Roth