[Ohio-talk] I don't have it in for any airline

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Thu Nov 14 18:13:10 UTC 2013

Deborah, Michael MacCarty (probably spelled it wrong) from APH posted
it on his Facebook page.  Here is a piece of the article from New York
CBS News.

Rizzi said he was sitting in the back row of the plane with no storage
room under his seat. After a delay on the tarmac, the dog became
agitated and Rizzi said the flight attendant kept saying they couldn’t
take off until the dog was “stowed under the seat.”

“I took offense to that. My dog is not to be stowed, he’s not an
inanimate object,” he told 1010 WINS’ Mona Rivera. “This woman just
did not want to understand that sitting on a plane for an hour and a
half for any human is uncomfortable. The dog was just antsy and wanted
to get comfortable.”

Rizzi said the flight attendant later returned and kicked him and his
dog off the flight. The incident triggered an unusual show of
solidarity from other airline passengers.

“Security comes on and they go to take this gentleman off the plane
with his dog,” fellow passenger Frank Ohlhorst said. “So when we, the
passengers, realize what was going on, we were like ‘why is this
happening? He’s not a problem.’