[Ohio-talk] Buckeye Update

Eric Duffy eduffy at deltav.org
Fri Oct 4 19:44:37 UTC 2013

Buckeye Update, October 4, 2013
	We are now in the month of October and meet the blind month. What is
your chapter or division doing. Let us know, and be sure to get an article
to Barbara Pierce for the next newsletter which she will start working on
shortly after the convention.
	Although I have mentioned this in several updates some people still
haven't gotten the word. For some time now, Shelbi Hindel has had a new
email address. Please make note of it. It is shelbiah1 at gmail.com

We have extended the deadline for ordering Scrip cards until Sunday evening
at 7:00 PM. Please get your orders in by that time.
	In less than a month from now the convention will be over. Yes I am
talking about the convention being over, and we're not even ready to go yet.
Well I know I'm not ready. Are you? Have you made your room reservation?
Remember the block of rooms we have goes away after October 11.
	We are getting some registrations in. I urge you to register online
if at all possible. The link to our registration page on eventbrite.com is
on our Website.
	Presidents remember that your corrected membership lists, dues, and
reports must be in by October 24 in order a fine. If all of these things are
not in by that date a fine will be levied against your chapter or division.
If things are not turned in by the convention your members will not be
eligible to vote.
	If you have an outstanding pledge from last convention, please get
that money to Sherry as soon as possible. If you have questions about your
pledge, please contact Sherry.
	Here is my reminder about door prizes.  Prizes should have a value
of at least $10.00. Please consider purchasing gift cards from the NFB Scrip
Ohio program. This is a good idea for a number of reasons. They are easy for
you to get to the convention. They are easier for others to carry, and your
purchase benefits the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio. Paul
Dressell is once again in charge of door prizes. Prizes may be sent to him
or given to him at the convention.
	Paul is also in charge of gathering names for the memorial service.
Please make sure he knows who has passed away since our last convention.
pmd at pobox.com

	 If you haven't already done this, (and many of you have, which is
great), please let Shelbi Hindel know who will represent your chapter on the
nominating committee as soon as possible. Her email address is:

Shelbiah1 at gmail.com

You may also reach her by phone at : (614) 558-8059. It will make it easier
for her if she has the names of those serving on the committee well in
advance of the Board Meeting at the Convention.

I will write again next week. Please get your room reservation made and your
registration in. Encourage others to do the same.