[Ohio-talk] Paratransit-Project Mobility Question

COLLEEN ROTH n8tnv at att.net
Mon Sep 9 15:58:12 UTC 2013

Hi Deborah,
Toledo Area Paratransit System has a Recorded call which you receive at the beginning of your window. Sometimes it actually comes after you are on the bus.
Some drivers ask the dispatcher to call a rider if they are late coming out particularly if it is a Medical Appointment for something like Dialysis.
I am door-to-door since I usually use my wheelchair. If I am going somewhere where walking is minimal I still use the lift because I cannot do the bottom step on the bus.
It is simply not doable for me anymore.
I have always had trouble because I have short legs but now with my knees and balance I just can't use it.
That means I cannot use Courtesy Vans for Hospitals either.
You could always call Access to see where your bus is and the estimated time of arrival.
I do not use Paratransit in the evening so I have never experienced problems standing outside in the dark.
To be honest, I have known people who were stranded at night so I just do not use TARPS in the evening.
Colleen Roth