[Ohio-talk] Paratransit

COLLEEN ROTH n8tnv at att.net
Tue Sep 10 18:44:10 UTC 2013

Hi Kaiti,
When my husband worked at a site which was not near a bus line he opted to use Paratransit.
He would have had to use three different buses and cross a major intersection (four lanes) he opted to use Paratransit.
There were no sidewalks at the last dropoff and the configuration in that area was circular.
Also there were parts of the day when the bus stopped 2 miles from his office.
His pickup time was 6 a.m. to guarantee his arrival at 8 a.m.
Sometimes he was picked up at 5:20 a.m.
Sometimes he didn't get home until 8 p.m.
He was told that if his pickup was any later TARPS could not guarantee his arrival.
Fortunately the building was open so he could wait inside.
He could also wait inside in the evening.
There were no coworkers from this area going to that office.
This was the situation the last four years he worked.
We got up at 4:30 a.m.
I guess you just have to balance things out.
Colleen Roth