[Ohio-talk] fundraising with Restaurants

mzavoli at roadrunner.com mzavoli at roadrunner.com
Sat Sep 21 05:52:17 UTC 2013

Hello Friends,

Shawn Martin deserves credit for the idea of holding fundraising challenges on October 15--National White Cane Safety Day.
At any rate, how does one initiate a fundraising day at a restaurant such as bob Evans, Olive Garden, red Lobster or other chains?  I'm aware that you need to introduce yourself and your organization, then submit a 501(C)(3) tax-exempt letter, but who collects the money?  Do I give the name of my local chapter, along with the president's name and request that all proceeds go there?  Do I give the representative to whom I will be speaking the affiliate's president name and number and recommend that the funds go there?  Can you give me some idea of how to proceed?

I would like to set something up for a day in October such as for the 15th, but it doesn't necessarily need to be on that day.  It would be even better if something could be done to have a continuous amount of funds either from restaurants or other companies.

Consider Malley's for instance.

Several days ago, I called Richard to discuss an idea for fundraising for the Federation,
and he suggested I let all the board members know about it.

We all know that the NFB is always looking for new fundraising ideas.  I tend to
be a night owl, and one late night, while surfing the web, I thought about looking into Malley's Chocolates website to see if it has a fundraising program for organizations such as ours.  Most people love chocolate and what better way to make money for the Federation than to introduce them to Malley's
Chocolates--a fixture in the Cleveland area of excellent quality pproducts for the past 35 years!

Short and sweet:
Malley's chocolates will set up a free website for our organization.  The selling opportunities are the Christmas season starting in September through December and the Easter season starting January 1st through Easter.  There are about 40 chocolate candy items for the Christmas sale and at least 60 items for the Easter sale.

If we make from $500 to $999, we get 15%; if we make $1,000 to $3,000 we get 33%.  Anything over $3,000 will generate 50% of total profit.  Additionally, we can increase our funds just by selling Malley's candy bars all year round.

>From the website:

"Malley's Chocolates fundraising programs offers dozens of delicious chocolates and other candy favorites to tempt all buyers. Compare Malley's with chocolates from anywhere in the world. You won't taste any that are better made. When you sell Malley's Chocolates, your customers will know why we say it's "The Gift That's Never Returned." And we provide generous volume discounts. Plus, we'll provide your organization with a personalized (free) website to help sell to your customers.

Get Started Today, Contact Our Fundraising Department At
216-226-8300   Toll Free 800-275-6255

Abby Valencic
Account Executive"

You can be proud to sell Malley Bars. All of our bars are made with pure
Malley’s Milk Chocolate. Selections include Malley’s Crunch Bar, Malley’s Almond Bar and Malley’s Pretzel Crunch Bar. Proven easy to sell Malley Bars are a proven profitable selling experience.

14 to 25 cases earns a discount of 33%

26 to 199 cases earns a discount of 43%

200 or more cases earns a discount of 50%
36 1.75 oz bars to a case.  We deliver 100-case lots at no charge to you.  Malley’s Chocolates will not accept exchanges or returned cases."

For more information or to fill out the Christmas and Easter forms, go to:
http://www.malleys.com/fundraising-info contact

 Milena