[Ohio-talk] exciting chapter pac plan contest started this month!

Barb Fohl barbfohl at pobox.com
Sun Sep 29 02:55:46 UTC 2013

Funding our national organization is very important, so we are announcing the NFB Chapter PAC Plan Contest.  For those of you who are new to our organization and may not know, the preauthorized contribution (PAC) plan is an opportunity for individuals to set up an automatic monthly donation to the NFB out of their checking accounts starting with as little as $5 a month.

On the last presidential release, we announced the NFB Chapter PAC Plan Contest.  We are encouraging all NFB chapters to enroll as many new individual contributers as possible, and to ask individuals who are already on the PAC Plan to consider increasing their contribution.  All chapters participating in this evvort to increase the amount of PAC Plan contributions will be entered into a drawing for a check in the amount of $100.  Additionally, the NFB chapter with the most new PAC Plan contributers will receive a check in the amount of $100.  In other words, the drawing is for chapters with members who are new PAC Plan contributers and with members who are increasing their contributions, and the contest is for the chapter with the most new subscribers.

In order for an individual's increase or new contribution to be counted as a part of the drawing or new contributer contest, the name of the NFB chapter must be written on the top of the PAC Plan Form.  This contest ends on December 31.

PAC Plan forms are available on the web site at www.nfb.org.  They can be emailed to your inbox by request.  You can call the Jernigan Institute (our national center) at 410-659-9314.  I'll have fourms at our convention.  You'll need to bring your checkbook if you want to sign up as a new contributer at the convention because you must attach a voided check to the form.

Currently, Ohio is number 15 in the nation with a monthly contribution of $825.50.Wouldn't it be exciting if one of our chapters won the contest and we moved up in the national ranking?