[Ohio-talk] Garfield Park Time Correction--meet at 1 P.M.

mzavoli at roadrunner.com mzavoli at roadrunner.com
Mon Sep 30 03:19:05 UTC 2013

Hello Friends,

The Cuyahoga County Chapter is organizing yet another nature hike to explore the flora and fauna of the one of the trails at the Garfield Nature Center.

 We will meet at the Garfield Park Nature Center on Wednesday, October 23rd at 1 P.M. for approximately two hours of fun-filled hiking and nature learning.

 Program title : Adaptations of Animals with respect to their fur and Skulls.

 Garfield Nature Center:

 11350 Broadway Avenue
  Garfield Heights, Ohio 44125
  216-341-3152
 clevelandmetroparks.com<http://www.clemetparks.com/

 After our workout, we can enjoy ourselves at a nearby restaurant.  Vinod Sadhasivan, the naturalist who will accompany us, said that there is a Marco's Pizza restaurant at the edge of the park.

 Marco's Pizza Restaurant:

 4791 Turney Rd. Garfield Heights, Ohio 44125
 (216) 641-8555

For those taking paratransit, service is available both to the nature center and home from Marco's Pizza.

Background Information from the Cleveland Metroparks website:
 “Garfield Park Reservation is located in Garfield Heights. The reservation features a nature center, picnic areas, a wetland, and trails. The history of Garfield Park dates back almost a century. In 1894, the city of Cleveland purchased three farms, a half mile south of the city limits as a site for a new south side park. It was officially opened in 1895, as Newburg Park, and soon thereafter re-named Garfield Park. Much of the beautiful stonework still evident in the reservation today dates from the 1930s New Deal Era projects. Garfield Park was leased to Cleveland Metroparks in 1986.
 The old lake beds have been reclaimed by nature and are managed as green space for wildlife. The rich deep woodlands support a host of songbirds throughout the year.

> A trip to the Nature Center won't be complete without a visit to the landscaped wildlife garden adjacent to the building sheltering a variety of flowering plants, shrubs and evergreens designed to attract birds and butterflies.”

 Join us for some walking, talking and love of learning and Contact me if you have any questions about this program.  E-mail me or call (216) 939-0502.

 See you then!

 Milena