[Ohio-talk] Calls to Marcia Fudge this week

Barbara Pierce bpierce at oberlin.net
Thu Apr 3 13:54:03 UTC 2014

I requested people to call Marcia Fudge's office this week to urge her to
hold fast on getting rid of Section 511 of Title V of the Workforce
Investment act. These negotiations are going on this week, so Friday is the
last day for calling. I have learned that Jesse Barba is the staffer we need
to talk to. He is the one William and I met with in January. Here is the
speech outline you can use:

Hi! My name is ________. It is my understanding that discussions are being
held to resolve differences between the House and Senate versions of the
Workforce Investment Act. Since Representative Fudge is on the Education and
Workforce committee, I am calling to voice my objection to Section 511 of S.
1356, which endorses segregated subminimum wage training and employment. I
am also concerned with the language that diminishes the quality of
rehabilitation services by transferring the Rehabilitation Services
Administration from the Department of Education to the Department of Labor.
I urge Representative Fudge to ensure that these sections are removed before
the WIA language is finalized. Thank you!

Marcia Fudge's phone number is 202-225-7032. Please call today.

Barbara Pierce

President Emerita