[Ohio-talk] FW: Transit Rider's Guide

Payne, Richard L (GE Capital) richard.payne at ge.com
Mon Apr 21 11:05:47 UTC 2014

From: richard payne [mailto:rchpay7 at sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 6:08 AM
To: Payne, Richard L (GE Capital)
Subject: FW: Transit Rider's Guide

From: Bob Steinbach [mailto:bsteinbach at mvrpc.org]
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 10:37 AM
To: Richard Payne
Subject: Transit Rider's Guide

Transportation Stakeholder,

I came across the attached Transit Access Rider's Guide developed as part of Project Access for the Federal Transit Administration. I have also include the link to the guide, but I had trouble viewing the Guide through my browser: http://www.transitaccessproject.org/InternalDocs/RiderInfo/ridersguide.pdf

There is often confusion about how the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) impacts transit and transportation issues for people with disabilities and the elderly.  Part of that confusion centers around who might be eligible for paratransit services and what the rights and responsibilities of people with disabilities are in regards to public transportation.  This Guide addresses those and other issues in a clear, straight-forward manner.

I hope you find the guide useful.
Bob Steinbach
Director of Regional Initiatives
Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission
1 South Main Street, Suite 260
Dayton, OH 45402
937.531.6531
bsteinbach at mvrpc.org<mailto:bsteinbach at mvrpc.org>

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE REMOVED FROM THIS LIST, PLEASE REPLY WITH "REMOVE" IN THE SUBJECT LINE.