[Ohio-talk] calls

richard rchpay7 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 01:04:08 UTC 2014

Greetings Colleagues,

This is Kevan. I and some of my colleagues from the steering committee look
forward to discussing module one of our 75 Days of Action curriculum with
you this evening at 9 p.m. Eastern time. This evening we will share ideas
about why, who, what, where and when.

A) Handling an affiliates past experiences to overcome challenges in a
particular community.

B) Transportation.

C) Settling upon a meeting time and location.

Remember that we are holding three training and discussion calls each week
for each module, giving everyone greater choice. We hope this helps you
schedule an opportunity to participate in at least one of these weekly
modules.

Module two begins Sunday afternoon, August 10 at 5 p.m. Eastern. With
session two on Tuesday evening, August 12  at 8 p.m. Eastern, and session
three Thursday evening, August 14 at 9 p.m. Eastern. Module two, "How to
find blind people."

A) NFB resources, including procedures and protocols to obtain contact lists
from the National Center.

B) Local resources.

C) Disabled student offices, VR offices, Independent Living Centers,
Teachers of Blind Students, local churches, etc.

We realize that when dozens of Committee of 75 members and state presidents
are on a conference call it can be a bit unwieldy, feedback, noise. We think
the content, the discussion, and the discovery will inspire and inform. So,
we hope you will be undaunted, participate, and use your very best phone
etiquette. Often, folks think that the feedback, echo, train whistle, spouse
in the next room, dog barking, vacuum cleaner, quarreling neighbors, toenail
clipping, tea kettle boiling, cricket chirping, or breathing on the receiver
certainly cannot come from them. However, it can and it does. So, please
mute whenever possible. Your colleagues will appreciate it. We will attempt
to facilitate in a respectful manner, which gives everyone time to unmute
and be recognized for greatest participation.

Join the calls by dialing 877-394-5901, access code 7719753#.

Let's go build the Federation! 75 in 75!

At your service,

Kevan Worley

Co-chair

National Federation of the Blind 75 Days of Action Campaign

Jeannie Massay

Co-chair

"Live the Life you Want"